As part of the Business Support Services Team, the Payroll Accountant is responsible for all aspects of payroll processing in accordance with all applicable wages and hour laws, reconciling fixed asset general ledger accounts, maintaining asset lists, applying depreciation methods for tax and book, and preparing financial reports. This position also prepares and files payroll tax reports, W2’s, sales/use and property tax returns. The Payroll Accountant plays an integral part in providing financial, administrative & clerical services to ensure effective, efficient & accurate financial and administrative operations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Three years’ experience in a payroll-related position preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws to include knowledge and understanding of withholding requirements and payroll taxes.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Testing in proficiency may be required.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software a plus.